Create a Page
Creating a page is a three-step process:
- First, open a blank page in Composer.
- Second, enter text.
- Third, save your file.
First: Open a blank page in Composer
Go to the File menu.
Select New. Select Blank Page in the daughter menu.
- Netscape creates a new "Composer"
- Tip: Links don't work in Composer! It would be impossible to edit a link if it went to some
other URL every time you clicked on it. Composer is for
browsing. You must get back into Navigator in order for your links
- You enter text on your web page just as you
would in any word processor. You can cut, copy, paste, and use the
formatting toolbar to change the appearance of your text.
- You can also change the color of your text by
selecting it and then choosing a color by clicking on
Third: Save your file
- In the File menu, choose save.
- Navigate to the location where you want to
- Keep these conventions in mind:
- use no punctuation - no commas,
apostrophes, semicolons, etc.
- use no spaces. Use an underline _ character
to separate words
- put the extension ".html" on your filename.
This signifies that the file is a web page.
Good file names
Bad file names
A terribly long and complicated filename
Bill's horrible:punctuated filename